Overall performance highly depends on problem formulation, solver, and
tuning parameters. Our performance tools are designed to serve the
different needs of our user community. Our goal is to help users
determine reliable solvers for specific test models or if a new algorithm
is to be tested, comparing it to other algorithms and competing approaches.
Our tools are meant as a starting point for investigating algorithm
performance and are still being developed. In collaboration with
the Performance World editorial board we seek to provide automation
collecting performance measurements and
analyzing and visualizing test results.
For questions or comments, please contact the current
Performance World Managing Editor.
- Try our PAVER Server for automated
performance analysis and batch file creation.
Preliminaries and relevant GAMS features:
Download Performance tools:
Download the Performance Tools and sample data.
Includes the following tools:
Also includes the following sample data files, where solvers have been
renamed to generic A, B, C to hide proprietary data:
- performs all performance tools on a given set
of trace files and combines output in a summary
- performance profile routine for solver comparisons for
- performance profile plotting routine using
Gnuplotxy (Windows only)
- Resource time comparison utility for 2 solvers
- termination routine to ensure solvers terminate at
resource time limit
- solver outcome comparison utility for 2 solvers
- creates resource time table for n different solvers
Also includes the following support utilities (not meant as
- sample trace file for solver A
- sample trace file for solver B
- sample trace file for solver C